Lynn McGee, Chair
Re/Max Infinity Group
The Membership Committee meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 4:00 pm in the Chamber Office.
The Membership Outreach Committee will be the Ambassadors between the Chamber and its members and in so doing will seek to inform members about Chamber activities, identify any concerns members have about the Chamber, and identify the challenges they face. Further, the Committee will seek to be a catalyst for creating new programs and activities that can be tailored to the needs of individual members.
In pursuit of this mission, the members of Membership Outreach Committee will:
- Communicate with members in a variety of ways including:
- Support 2 membership drives per year
- Hold 3-4 new member receptions per year.
- Quarterly visits to all new Member who did not attend a reception.
This is to be done in teams.
Surveying members via phone three months prior to billing;
Chamber Partners- A Mentoring program for new Members.
- 30 day personal call from committee members to invite to Upbeat
- 60 & 120 day follow up e-mail from Chamber staff
- Expand mentoring program via other committees and the Membership at large.
- Review Drop Report and contact business as necessary.
- Support or host events that benefit or recognize our members including:
- Membership Appreciation Day
- Staff support at After Hours Business Fair
- One Speed Networking event each year to include invitations to surrounding Chambers
- Putt Putt Golf Tournament in July
- Monday Night Mixer
- Annual Aw$um Auction Donation
- Attend Upbeat Breakfast & Business After Hours when can
- Grow the Committee
Actively seeking out new committee members to double its size.
- Create lure piece for new Member packets and Membership
- Maintaining a high level of visibility in part by wearing committee shirts to all functions
- Monthly meeting to include “think Tank” time to continue to develop programs/ideas to better recruit and retain Members.
Added Comments: The Committee sees a critical role for itself in identifying member needs and developing specific projects, activities or programs to meet those needs. While the Membership Outreach Committee may or may not carry out those programs, it is dedicated to seeing that they are developed to benefit Chamber members.